Not to be confused with Wampus, the car it uses.The Wampus is a bot that randomly shows up in races. It is the rarest bot. If a racer successfully beats The Wampus in a race, they will receive an extra $50,000. The Wampus uses the title "You'll Never Beat Me!".
He is considered an NPC character in the game, yet the admins can still access The Wampus's account and perform any action that players can.
As a joke, the Nitro Type admins said The Wampus was created when a bot tried to gain access to the Matrix and reprogrammed itself.
The number of wins against The Wampus also amounts to three different achievements:
- Wampus Thwamper (Beat the Wampus once)
- Catty Wampus (Beat the Wampus 5 times)
- His Other Ride (Beat the Wampus 10 times)
- He is the only bot with a racer page, created by the Nitro Type staff.
- You were once able to add The Wampus as a friend, but that option has since been removed.
- He was added to Nitro Type on January 10, 2014.
- Scattered throughout his statistics are many instances of the number 1,337, including gold, bronze, silver medals, number of races, longest race session, and number of nitros used.
- This is a reference to leetspeak, an alternative way to write text which is associated with the hacker culture. 1337 is leetspeak for leet, an alternate spelling of elite.
- These statistics were disrupted when a player logged into The Wampus' account and did several races. However, they have since been reverted to what they were originally.
- Out of all accounts on Nitro Type, The Wampus has the most profile views.
- He always appears on the race track less than a second after the 4th player joins the race, regardless if they are a player or a bot.
- According to Travis, the inspiration behind The Wampus came from the C64 game, M.U.L.E.
- On May 17, 2019, The Wampus' account was logged into. The display name was changed to ᴹᴼᵘˢᵉℜ and later ThePetMouseofTravis. They also disbanded his team, Wampus Postal Service, and did one race on team GDJB. In addition, the Wampus car was painted, all other cars were sold, the Minnie the Cooper was bought, 20 races were completed, and 33 nitros were used before the account was locked.
- The Wampus currently has 3 cars in his garage, The Wampus, the Ferreti Samsher 458, and the NASA Shuttle.
- Despite The Wampus' account showing that he has Gold Membership, on the track and on the race results screen, it does not have bolded gold text or a golden racer tag.
- Sometime in June 2020, The Wampus' join date was changed from January 10, 2014, the day it was added, to September 8, 2011, the day Nitro Type was first released.
- Season 28's theme revolved around The Wampus and even introduced a new member of his family, The Chompus, which was seen riding the Chompus Wild Ride.