On September 22, 2016, a prototype of the new scoreboards was released. The old speed and races scoreboards were replaced with a new points system, that combines speed, accuracy, and races into a single score.
The algorithm for how many points one earns in a single race is as follows: (100 + (wpm / 2))×acc/100
The release of these scoreboards pushed the NT admins to wipe out fastest team scoreboards, and both of the all-time scoreboards.
In December 2018, it was announced that the season rewards would be changed so that rewards would no longer be handed out for placement. Season 19 became the first season to follow this new system; no rewards were given out for placement, or races done. There are currently no rewards for season 20.
The season rewards are as follows.
Seasons 1-12; Seasons 14-18
- 1st Place: "Champion" Title + $10,000,000
- 2nd Place: "Rival" Title + $5,000,000
- 3rd Place: "Challenger" Title + $2,000,000
- 4-10th Place: "Competitor" Title + $500,000
- 11-50th Place: "Contestant" Title + $250,000
- 1st Place Team: "Champion Team" Title + $3,000,000 per member
- 2nd Place Team: "Rival Team" Title + $2,000,000 per member
- 3rd Place Team: "Challenger Team" Title + $1,000,000 per member
- 4-10th Place Team: "Competitor Team" Title + $500,000 per member
Season 13 (PAC Event)
- 1st Place: "Leader of the PAC" Title + $10,000,000
- 2nd Place: "Like a Jet PAC" Title + $5,000,000
- 3rd Place: "Brace for ImPAC" Title + $2,000,000
- 4-10th Place: "PACking a Punch" Title + $500,000
- 11-50th Place: "PAC Racer" Title + $250,000